- How We Determined the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
- Step-by-Step Guide to Visiting the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
- FAQs About the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
- 5 Surprising Facts About the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth: Ranking the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
- A Scoop Above: Exploring New Jersey’s Best Ice Cream Shops
How We Determined the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
When it comes to ice cream, New Jersey locals are not lacking in options. From classic homemade flavors to innovative creations with unique toppings, there is something for every palate. But with so many delectable options, how do you determine which are the top 10 ice cream places in the state?
Well, our team set out on a delicious mission to find out! We taste-tested our way through countless cones and cups of ice cream, considered factors such as flavor variety, quality of ingredients, customer service, ambiance, and popularity among locals.
After careful consideration and undeniable indulgence, we determined the top 10 ice cream places in New Jersey:
1. The Bent Spoon – Princeton: This small-batch artisanal shop offers unique and creative flavors made from fresh local ingredients. Their Salted Caramel is a must-try.
2. Applegate Farm – Montclair: With over 50 years of experience making ice cream from scratch using natural ingredients gives thus place credibility. They even offer vegan options!
3.Torre di Pisa – South Amboy: This family-run gelateria has been serving up authentic Italian gelato since 1975.Their Stracciatella (chocolate chip) flavor is rich & heavenly.
4. Milk Sugar Love – Jersey City: Using all natural ingredients & organic milk additive brings out its smoothness in its array of flavors..Pro tip:- try their signature “ice-cream sammie” sandwiches
5.Nicholas Creamery – Atlantic Highlands: Super friendly staff serve handcrafted treats that will make every bite feel like home made heaven.
6.Ralph’s Famous Italian Ices & Ice Creams – multiple locations around New Jersey offer refreshing fruity concoctions perfect for warmer days.
7.Jean Louise Homemade Candies – Westfield And Morristown :Their chocolate-dipped waffle cones are worth dying for!
8.Sunny Daes – various locations throughout NJ – offer delicious frozen yogurt and ice cream made from Quality ingredients since the 90’s. The texture and flavors make it hard to resist
9.The Chocolate Bar – Red Bank: Infused with chocolate from their very own chocolate factory, they take your sweet tooth on a journey of flavours like never before.
10.Scoops – Red Bank : Scoops is starting this place back up young entrepreneuring local students who’ve taken in charge an already well established brand & aspires to become the household name for all ice-cream lovers in NJ.
From gelato to traditional ice cream, these top 10 places offer a range of options that cater to everyone’s taste. So go out there and indulge because as the famous quote goes – “life is uncertain, eat dessert first.”
Step-by-Step Guide to Visiting the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
New Jersey is often overshadowed by its neighboring city, New York. But little do people know that the Garden State has hidden gems of its own, especially when it comes to ice cream places. Yes, you read that right! New Jersey boasts some of the best ice cream parlors in the country.
If you are a dessert enthusiast who loves nothing more than indulging in creamy and flavorful scoops of ice cream, then this guide is for you. We have curated a step-by-step guide to visiting the top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey.
So sit back, relax and get ready to salivate as we take you on a delicious journey!
Step 1: Start your culinary adventure at Applegate Farm
Located in Montclair since 1848, Applegate Farm serves up countless flavors of homemade ice cream. From popular classics like chocolate and vanilla to unique creations such as pumpkin pie or cannoli flavors- there’s something for everyone at Applegate Farm.
Step 2: Head over to Thomas Sweet
Next stop on our list is Thomas Sweet located in Princeton which offers handcrafted premium ice cream made with only fresh ingredients. They even have vegan options available!
Step 3: Visit Holsten’s Brookdale Confectionery
Walking into Holsten’s Brookdale Confectionary will feel like traveling back in time – they’ve been serving their delicious homemade ice cream sundaes since 1939. This classic spot also gained fame thanks to Tony Soprano’s memorable last scene from “The Sopranos”. Don’t forget to try their famous “Dank Chocolate” flavor.
Step4: Make your way down to Milk Sugar Love
Jersey City’s Milk Sugar Love is another must-visit spot for those who love unique twists on classic flavors of homemade scoops such as brown butter pecan & cornbread or strawberry shortcake sundaes with freshly whipped cream.
Step 5: Stop by Cookman Creamery
Located in Asbury Park, Cookman Creamery is famous for their creative ice cream sandwiches made with freshly baked cookies. Try the “Mint Wookie” or “Cookies n’ Dreams” sandwiches and you’ll understand why they’re a crowd favorite.
Step 6: Don’t miss out on Danny’s Drive-In
Danny’s Drive-In in Totowa is an old-fashioned walk-up style ice cream parlor where you can savor classic scoops or order their famous ‘Fat Boy’ sundae topped with homemade hot fudge.
Step 7: Take a trip to Ice Cream Charlie’s
If you are around Wildwood, don’t forget to visit Ice Cream Charlie’s – this seasonal shop offers the biggest cones you will ever see! Try their famous giant cone loaded with your favorite flavors.
Step 8: Indulge in La Columbe’s Coffee Flavored Creations
While now national and growing quickly across America, it all started in Philly. La Colombe started here and creates incredible coffee flavored soft-serve ice cream fully customizable at its multiple New Jersey cafes.
Step 9: Visit The Bent Spoon
Princeton’s The Bent Spoon serves up small-batch artisanal ice-cream. Their menu changes seasonally but usually features surprising yet delicious flavor combinations such as honey lavender or lemon basil sorbets- worth a try!
Step 10 : Feast on frozen desserts at Uncle Louie G
Uncle Louie G has been serving diverse communities across New York and New Jersey for over 45 years from their locations across both states. This family-friendly spot boasts over 40 unique Italian Ice flavors that many guests swear by—try any one of them to end your sweet journey on a high note!
New Jersey may be just shy of the skyline greatness compared to New York City, however when it comes down to satisfying any dessert cravings over the summer, NJ is unmatched with its unique and delicious ice cream places. Follow our guide and indulge in all that these top 10 mouth-watering ice cream spots have to offer. You won’t regret it!
FAQs About the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
If you’re an ice cream enthusiast in New Jersey, then you’ve probably heard of the top 10 best ice cream places that locals simply can’t get enough of. From classic favorites like vanilla and chocolate to more adventurous flavors like cherry cola float and maple bacon, each location boasts their own unique twist on this beloved frozen treat. But with such a variety to choose from, it’s natural for people to have some questions.
So if you’re looking for answers about the top 10 ice cream places in New Jersey, then read on for our frequently asked questions guide!
Q: What makes these places stand out compared to other ice cream shops?
A: These establishments are known not only for their delicious and creamy homemade ice cream but also for creating unique flavor combinations that you won’t find anywhere else. Many of them have been around for decades, making them staples in their respective communities.
Q: Is there a best time to visit these spots?
A: As with any popular food joint, lines can get long during peak hours like weekends or holidays. If you don’t want to wait as long, try visiting during off-peak times like early afternoon or weekday evenings.
Q: Can I find dairy-free or vegan options at these establishments?
A: While some locations may offer dairy-free or vegan options, most do not cater specifically to those dietary needs. It’s always best to research and call ahead before visiting.
Q: Do any of these locations offer outdoor seating?
A: Yes! Many of the top 10 ice cream places offer outdoor seating so customers can comfortably enjoy their treats while taking in the scenic views around them.
Q: What are some must-try flavors at each of these locations?
1. Applegate Farm – Pumpkin Pecan
2. Hoffman’s Ice Cream – Jersey Monkey
3. Ice Cream by Mike – Salted Caramel
4. The Bent Spoon – Mint Chocolate Cookie
5. Thomas Sweet – Peanut Butter Oreo
6. Cookman Creamery – Honey Lavender
7. Van Dyk’s Homemade Ice Cream – Blueberry Cheesecake
8. Halo Farm – Coconut Chocolate Chunk
9. Conrad’s Confectionery – Cherry Cola Float
10. Cliff’s Homemade Ice Cream- Maple Bacon
Q: Are these places pricey?
A: Prices will vary depending on the establishment, but you can expect to pay more for higher quality homemade ice cream and unique flavor combinations.
Q: Can I buy pints or quarts to take home with me?
A: Most of these spots do offer the option to purchase pints or quarts of their ice cream, making it easy for customers to bring their favorite flavors home with them.
Whether you’re a local or just passing through, be sure to make a stop at one (or all) of the top 10 ice cream places in New Jersey! With their exceptional homemade ice cream and unique flavor combinations, you won’t be disappointed.
5 Surprising Facts About the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
Ice cream is a beloved dessert that is enjoyed by people of all ages across the globe. There’s something about the sweet and creamy taste of ice cream that just satisfies our cravings like no other food can. In New Jersey, there are countless ice cream spots where you can indulge in delicious frozen treats. But did you know that some of these places have some surprising facts? We’ve gathered five unexpected facts about the top 10 ice cream places in New Jersey!
1. The toppings bar at Thomas Sweet in Princeton is legendary!
If you’re a fan of caramel, chocolate fudge, or hot fudge sauce, then Thomas Sweet in Princeton is definitely worth a visit. This popular ice cream spot boasts an impressive toppings bar featuring over 30 different toppings for you to choose from! And if you’re feeling really adventurous, try combining some unusual flavors like gummy worms and fresh fruit.
2. Rocky Road was created during the Great Depression
Did you know that one of your favorite ice creams – Rocky Road – was actually created during the Great Depression? The flavor was invented by William Dreyer and Joseph Edy when they mixed together marshmallows with chocolate and almonds to help lift the spirits of their customers who were struggling financially during those difficult times.
3. Cookman Creamery offers vegan options too!
If you’re lactose intolerant or trying to follow a dairy-free diet, then Cookman Creamery has got your back! This popular Asbury Park eatery offers a range of vegan flavors made with organic soy products, including “Mint Chocolate Chip”, “Strawberry”, and “Coconut Milk Dream”.
4. Das’ Creamery is famous for its butterfat content
Das’ Creamery in Robbinsville uses milk from their own cows at Happy Farm Cow Dairy, which ensures freshness and ultimate control over the product quality. Their secret ingredient is high butterfat content (18-21%). Making it so rich and creamy that you might as well take a nap after finishing your dessert.
5. Applegate Farm is over 170 years old
Applegate Farm in Montclair offers more than just delicious scoops of ice cream; it’s also a slice of New Jersey history! The farm has been owned by the same family for over 170 years and has survived wars, depressions, and natural disasters. A true testament to the enduring power of ice cream!
In conclusion, there’s always something interesting to discover about your favorite ice cream spots in New Jersey. From legendary toppings bars to dairy-free options, each place has its unique personality that sets them apart from others. If you’re a true ice cream lover, be sure to visit some of these top-rated places and see what surprises they have instore for you!
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth: Ranking the Top 10 Ice Cream Places in New Jersey
New Jersey, the land of beautiful beaches and glorious summers, is also a haven for ice cream lovers. Whether you’re looking for classic flavors or more adventurous ones, there’s an ice cream place to satisfy your sweet tooth. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 ice cream places in New Jersey so that you can indulge in a cool and delicious treat anytime you want.
1. Applegate Farm
Applegate Farm has been serving up some of the best homemade ice cream since 1848, making it one of the oldest ice cream parlors around. Located in Montclair, this gem is known for its creamy and rich flavors like Mint Chocolate Chip and Butter Pecan. But their seasonal flavors like Pumpkin Spice and Eggnog also can’t be missed.
2. Cookman Creamery
If you’re looking for unusual yet delicious flavors, head over to Cookman Creamery located in Asbury Park. They feature out-of-the-box creations such as Fruity Pebbles-infused vanilla or Madagascar Rich chocolate topped with toasted marshmallows—perfect for those who love to try new things.
3. Windy Brow Farms
Windy Brow Farms located in Fredon is famous not only for its ice creams but also for its organic produce grown on site. Their flavors are made from fresh ingredients picked right from their own orchards—they have used apples to make Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream- all natural toppings—and no preservatives are added whatsoever.
4. Halo Pub
Halo Pub has been a staple in Princeton since 1975, offering velvety-smooth scoops available in over 20-year-round varieties including classics like Rocky Road & Cookies n’ Cream as well as new favorites like Salty Caramel Truffle & Almond Joy.
5. Klingel’s Farm
Tucked away within Montgomery Township lies Klingel’s Farm—it isn’t just an ideal spot to bring kids or for a romantic evening with your sweetheart. Their ice cream is served up in classic-friendly flavors like Coffee Cookies, Blueberry Crumb and Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple.
6. Torico Ice Cream
Torico Ice Cream has been serving handmade ice cream out of a tiny storefront in Jersey City since 1968, making it a reliable spot regardless of the time of day or night that you crave sweets. With more than 60 thousand followers on Instagram, it goes without saying that their premium quality and unforgettable flavor combinations fuel their fanatic following. Some local favs include Maple Walnut & Brownie Batter.
7. Nasto’s Ice Cream Company
Nasto’s Ice Cream company located in Newark was established in 1939 continues to be one of the most adored sweet home spots within Essex County for nearly eighty years now! They have tons of tasty flavors that will satisfy anyone’s cravings— Rock Road, Mint Chocolate Chip.
8. The Bent Spoon
Situated in Princeton this iconic creamery boasts farm-to-table flavors like Fresh Mint Patty made with hand-picked mint leaves from Lawrenceville-based Cherry Grove Farm and Sour Milk made using five different types of highly acidic milk fermented for over six days which produces deeply tart yet smooth result!
9. Springer’s Homemade Ice Cream
Springer’s Homemade ice creams situated at Stone Harbor is worth the long drive down along the coast—you won’t regret coming here! Their classic recipe combines freshly churned buttercream with natural ingredients such as strawberries infused into their scoops—like Strawberry Cheesecake Fudge- feels like pieces of heaven melting inside your mouth!
Krispy Cone located Pennington has built its reputation by creating some rare and unique flavors such as French Toast & Bacon cooked to satisfyingly savory perfection—Beyond the more unconventional offerings they also boast other classics too like Jamoca Almond Fudge.
There you have it—the top 10 ice cream places in New Jersey. From the classic to the unconventional, each has something delicious and sweet to savor. So whether you’re craving a cone or a cup, head over to one of these locations and satisfy your sweet tooth.
A Scoop Above: Exploring New Jersey’s Best Ice Cream Shops
As the summer heat continues to intensify, there’s nothing quite as refreshing and delicious as a sweet scoop of ice cream. Luckily for us living in New Jersey, we have an abundance of amazing ice cream parlors that will satisfy any craving. From classic flavors to unique combinations and everything in between, these shops offer something for everyone. So, let’s take a look at some of the best ice cream shops in New Jersey!
1. Applegate Farm: A classic favorite since 1848, Applegate Farm has been serving up award-winning homemade ice cream for generations. Their signature flavor – Homemade Vanilla Fudge Swirl – is not to be missed.
2. Thomas Sweet: Established in 1979, this Princeton-based shop offers over 40 flavors of handcrafted ice cream made from local milk and cream. Their most popular flavor is “Chocolate Malted Crunch” but don’t miss out on their Banana Caramel or Cookies & Cream either.
3. The Bent Spoon: Located in downtown Princeton, The Bent Spoon offers artisanal small-batch ice creams using only local fruit and organic dairy products with unique flavors like Peach Bourbon Crumble and Earl Grey Tea.
4. Das’ Creamery: Opened by two brothers who grew up on a dairy farm, Das’ Creamery uses fresh milk from their family farm located less than five miles away to create one-of-a-kind flavors like Pretzel Cone and Strawberry Basil.
5. Torico Ice Cream: This family-owned shop has been creating handmade ice cream for over 50 years with unique ethnic-inspired flavors like Lucuma (a Peruvian fruit), Ube (a Filipino purple yam), and Lychee Sorbet.
6. Milk Sugar Love: Using only organic milk and dairy products sourced locally in New Jersey along with seasonal ingredients like basil, lavender or pumpkin they create tantalizing frozen concoctions such as honey lavender or strawberry cheesecake sandwiched between homemade macarons.
7. Conrad’s Confectionery: A landmark in Westwood since 1928, Conrad’s Confectionery is a quintessential American-style soda fountain that makes some of the best homemade ice cream around. Classic flavors such as vanilla or chocolate are always crowd-pleasers but their most popular flavor is “Superman” – red, blue and yellow strawberry, banana and blueberry swirls
8. Ice Cream by Mike: The self-titled “ice cream geek,” trained under the tutelage of Ben & Jerry himself; offers an array of drool-inducing ice cream flavors like Toasted Coconut and Sea Salt Caramel Pretzel.
9. Holsten’s Brookdale Confectionery: Holsten’s has been a famous spot for New Jersey locals since it opened in Bloomfield way back in 1939. It gained national notoriety after being featured on HBO’s ‘The Sopranos’ but the signature dessert at this old-school diner remains their delectable homemade ice cream cups.
Whether you love classic flavors or crave something unique, these ice cream shops offer some of the best frozen treats you’ll ever taste. So, take a break from the summer heat and indulge in some amazing ice cream today!